After much struggle to get in the car, Asher sat in his car seat on the way to preschool.
"Mom, are you an old?"Asher asked even before we started driving.
I thought before I answered. I am older than most moms but I don't really feel old.
"What do you think?" I asked
"Well," Asher paused and then said, "You know how people get old and die?"
"Yes," I said now feeling a little sad.
Asher finished, "I was just wondering if you are old."
"No," I said, "I am not."
Oh. The bunny at school died. Earlier in the year the rat died. At that time the teachers emailed us details about how they approach death, and what we as parents say. I just didn't expect to have to address this subject so soon.......
"Mom, are you an old?"Asher asked even before we started driving.
I thought before I answered. I am older than most moms but I don't really feel old.
"What do you think?" I asked
"Well," Asher paused and then said, "You know how people get old and die?"
"Yes," I said now feeling a little sad.
Asher finished, "I was just wondering if you are old."
"No," I said, "I am not."
Oh. The bunny at school died. Earlier in the year the rat died. At that time the teachers emailed us details about how they approach death, and what we as parents say. I just didn't expect to have to address this subject so soon.......
Comments