
Summer is finally here! In Portland that means the sun rises at 5:30 am and sets around 10:00 pm. I know the change from darkness and rain, to light and sunny is gradual but it feels like it happened overnight. Maybe that is because the sun has a way of hiding around here. Just weeks ago the high temperature was 56 degrees and the sun was obscured by endless layers of clouds. Today it was 100 degrees and we are not used to this at all. I thought of things to do to help Asher and myself stay cool. In the backyard we played with the sprinkler. We set up the 'slip and slide. ' I put my whole face in the sprinkler and Asher ate a popsicle we made from juice.
At 8pm I said, "Okay it is time to go and take a cool bath."
"No," Asher said turning his wrist and looking where a watch might be. "It is only six of thirty. And six of thirty means it is time for another popsicle."
Comments