When Asher turned three he decided to stop napping. Nothing I could do would get him to nap. i tried walking him around in a stroller, reading books, offering to just lay still next to him. A few weeks of trying made it clear to me that the days of the afternoon nap were over.
I miss those days. The simplicity of one child, and the predictability of nap time. During the week I knew I would have time to myself and on the weekend Mark and I could nap when Asher napped, because being a parent is tiring!
Yesterday, I got called to pick up Asher from school. The teacher said he was so lethargic after playtime, all he could do was lay down and drink sips of water. When I arrived at preschool I gasped, "Oh Sweetie" and scooped him up to take him home.
At home he fell asleep on the couch watching "Finding Nemo".
After an hour or so Asher woke up and we sat on the couch for a while.
Then Asher said, " Mom? Do you remember when I was little?"
"Yes, Sweetie," I said.
Asher replied, "I used to sleep in the day. Why?"
Comments