October 2009
Adirah wakes me three times over night and then wakes at 7am. I go downstairs.
Asher is up too. Mark goes to take a shower and get ready for work.
I play with the kids and then Adirah starts jumping up and down and putting her mouth on my shoulder. She makes a grrrr sounds indicating she wants to nurse.
Asher wants to pretend he is a robot and I will press buttons to make him do things.
The sounds keep distracting Adirah from nursing so she nurses, pops off, nurses, pops off and she cries because she is hungry but she can not nurse.
Asher does not like being alone or quiet, even for one second, so I can not go to Adirah's room to nurse. I wait until Mark takes him to school and then nurse the baby. She is happy now and she and I play for another hour and then she takes a nap.
During the baby's nap I clean, fold laundry, pay bills, do some book keeping and make phone calls. When I hear the baby wake from her nap I go into the room. She has taken off her socks and thrown them over the edge of the crib. She has thrown her pacifier over too. She bends her knees up and down and smiles and does a little happy dance when she sees me. I laugh. She laughs.
I get her out of the crib and hug her for a while. I need to get a few more things done so I put her down on the floor. She crawls over to me and pulls herself up on my pant legs. I walk and she walks holding the back of my pants. I walk slowly and hold the waist of my pants up so they don't fall down while we walk like this.
It is time to pick up Asher from school. I try to put Adirah in the car seat, but she stiffens her body . I say, "We are going to get brother!" and I distract her with a toy and some vegetable puffs . I drive to Asher's school, get Adirah out of the car and then carry her into the house and down to the basement to Asher's preschool. Adirah tries to wiggle out of my arms so she can "walk" down the stairs. She still can not walk on her own yet, so she leads me around the preschool holding on to my pointer finger with her whole hand.
Adirah wakes me three times over night and then wakes at 7am. I go downstairs.
Asher is up too. Mark goes to take a shower and get ready for work.
I play with the kids and then Adirah starts jumping up and down and putting her mouth on my shoulder. She makes a grrrr sounds indicating she wants to nurse.
Asher wants to pretend he is a robot and I will press buttons to make him do things.
The sounds keep distracting Adirah from nursing so she nurses, pops off, nurses, pops off and she cries because she is hungry but she can not nurse.
Asher does not like being alone or quiet, even for one second, so I can not go to Adirah's room to nurse. I wait until Mark takes him to school and then nurse the baby. She is happy now and she and I play for another hour and then she takes a nap.
During the baby's nap I clean, fold laundry, pay bills, do some book keeping and make phone calls. When I hear the baby wake from her nap I go into the room. She has taken off her socks and thrown them over the edge of the crib. She has thrown her pacifier over too. She bends her knees up and down and smiles and does a little happy dance when she sees me. I laugh. She laughs.
I get her out of the crib and hug her for a while. I need to get a few more things done so I put her down on the floor. She crawls over to me and pulls herself up on my pant legs. I walk and she walks holding the back of my pants. I walk slowly and hold the waist of my pants up so they don't fall down while we walk like this.
It is time to pick up Asher from school. I try to put Adirah in the car seat, but she stiffens her body . I say, "We are going to get brother!" and I distract her with a toy and some vegetable puffs . I drive to Asher's school, get Adirah out of the car and then carry her into the house and down to the basement to Asher's preschool. Adirah tries to wiggle out of my arms so she can "walk" down the stairs. She still can not walk on her own yet, so she leads me around the preschool holding on to my pointer finger with her whole hand.
Comments