Thursday night after a 12 hour day with Adirah, no nap at all, I attempted to put her to sleep.
I had been alone with the kids for 4 days and each day was getting harder and I was getting more and more fatigued. I was going back and forth between their two rooms, reading to Asher, trying to soothe Adirah.
Adirah announced "I am not tired at all!" It is now the time she usually goes to sleep even after her usual 2 hour nap. She has to be tired.
"Just stay in your bed, I will come back" I lie.
Usually Adirah lies on her pillow, gets neatly tucked in, I give her bunny and then she goes to sleep. But she did not want her blankets on. I put her in her crib. She sat up, but I still hoped she would go back to sleep.
I went back to Asher's room and read to him. Asher asked for more books, then he asked for a story about when I was little. All I could think of was the sink full of dishes and the lunch I still had to make for him the next day. I finally escaped his room and went downstairs. Later I checked on Adirah. She was asleep in the corner of the bed in the fetal position. Adirah's hair was sticking straight up, her baby had been undressed and thrown over the rail of the crib. Blankets were strewn around the crib and sticking through the slots. Her bunny had been stuffed into the pillowcase on her pillow. But she was asleep!
Friday night I was facing similar problems getting Adirah to bed. It had been a long day and I knew she was tired . But Adirah kept pooping. She pooped in her diaper at 7pm, and then again in a new diaper at 8pm. My plan was to put her to bed at 8pm, but by 8:30 she was saying she had to poop again. I lefther in her room with some books and went back to Asher's room. Thankfully he can read now and he was reading Highlights magazine. But Asher doesn't like to be alone for long. He gets scared. So I sat with him and read some more. Asher was tired because he has spent a week riding his bike for 5 hours a day at a bike camp. He didn't even complain when I left his room.
When I returned to Adirah she had pooped AGAIN. I cleaned her up and rocked her. She was actually seeming sleepy! Then I heard Asher scream. It is the worst time to go back to him. She was almost ready to be put in her bed. But I put her in her bed and then went to Asher. The cat had thrown up on Asher's blanket AND on his carpet. Asher was horrified and hyperventilating.
Still I managed to get them both to sleep by 9pm. Whew
Comments