On Thursday we went to the zoo to have a once in a lifetime opportunity! We got to be very close to a 29 year old elephant to witness him PAINT A PICTURE! I thought about only bringing Asher and not bringing Adirah. Adirah tends to be grouchy in the afternoon and she doesn't like new and strange experiences. This experience was quite new and quite strange. And to complicate matters, this experience was quite smelly! Both children inherited my extreme smell sensitivity and when we entered the elephant arena both were overwhelmed by the odor. Adirah screamed "Get me out of here!" over and over. But Mark and I wanted to be close to the elephant, so we took turns calming her down so that WE could witness this event.
Later, I asked Adirah "Did you like seeing the elephant?"
"NO!" she said, "I didn't want to be there!"
"Where did you want to be?" I asked.
"At the store," she replied. "Buying chicken."
A few days later Adirah woke me early and I happened to look out an east facing window.
It has been raining for months and months so a lot of the time all we see is a grey sky. This day, I saw a beautiful sunrise.
"Look, Adirah!" I said "Look at that pink sky!"
"I see it!" said Adirah "Is it going to rain pink?"
Comments